Monday, February 06, 2006

My Perfect Love!

Yes, Yes it is time for my new post and I tell you, this is by far the longest post here, so read at ease...Bindas Bay got tagged recently(Courtesy: Alive 'n Confused) My perfect love, I thought for a while, and with a bulb on my head and singing ‘rubaroo…rubaroo’ here is the list of things that can turn me on or spin my head twice to check out the person:

  • Sense of Humor – as wild as DJ’s (Arey yaar, apna Diljeeth…), capable of turning even serious issues into humorous light hearted tunes.
  • Attitude – as stubborn and opinionated as Karan with a tinge of style and rakish behavior.
  • A great Friend – as loving and selflessly sacrificing as Sukhi.
  • A true lover - as affectionate, warm and courageous as Sonia
  • Visionary – as focused and dedicated as Sue.

I am sure you would have by now guessed what I am talking about, the one thing I found common in all these characters from RDB is the fire in their belly to do something for the society. Then I thought to myself, what good is a perfect lover who can just love me deeply and bear all my naatak but doesn’t have an understanding of the big picture, an understanding of his existence. What good it is if I belong to a family which is labeled under the ‘owner’s pride-neighbor’s envy’ category by the society, but which hardly looks out of its four walls?

Then it dawned upon me that I and other I like beings constitute my family and such families together constitute the so called society. I felt silly for having blamed my family or society for my laziness. So, I though if I can change myself and make even a small difference for my people and my country, then my family might do the same and then my society and thus my country! So, how come we are stuck asking “Akele se kya hoga?”[what can just one do?]. No one other than us knows better in this world, how to fight for freedom, how to fight against any evil…

If the 'evil' has turned India’s pledge as the following:

“India is my country [So I want a piece of it] and all Indians are my brothers and sisters [So I own them]. I love my country and I am proud of its rich and varied heritage. [So, I will ‘share’ this with rest of the world in exchange of filling few bank accounts] I shall always strive to be worthy of it. [Of course, worthy enough to put it in the market] I shall give respect to my parents, teachers and elders and treat everyone with courtesy. To my country and my people, I pledge my devotion. In their well being and prosperity alone, lies my happiness.”[…of course my happiness lies in my prosperity!]

Let us redefine our pledge and imprint it in our hearts to make any and every possible contribution to this land, our land of varied heritage. It is our responsibility to protect it, raise it to new heights and lead India towards success. Together we shall pledge ourselves as one united nation, regardless of language, race or religion. Together we pledge to build a nation based on equality and we will march in new spirits to achieve progress for our India.

“Khoon jo ab na khuala…woh khoon nahee pani hai
Jo desh ke kaam na aaye…bekaar woh jawani hai” [Quote from RDB]

If there is any nation that can be proud of its DNA, it should be us. It is undoubtedly an accepted truth today that India produces some of the world's smartest youngsters. Let us use at least half of our abilities to zoom India into a bright future. If you are still thinking, “haa woh sub theek hai, par Iss Desh ka kuch nahee ho saktha!” [Nothing can happen to this country] May be you will never get the point.

If I take this pledge today and at least help 5 kids per year in Education, and even if 1% of India takes up this initiative, it won’t be long before we eradicate the most pestiferous problem which will indirectly solve many other contagious issues like AIDS, electing worthless politicians, and so on. I bet you are well aware of the math and consequences, so when we agree that every drop counts, what are we waiting for?

I take this pledge today and will work towards the initiative of education in India. I will be posting my activities towards this and other initiatives on “DESI”. Yes, DESI will be an open forum for all of us to share our stories, bring more initiatives/ problem areas into light and work towards improving our nation. If you wish to be a part of this join your hands with me today and let us make a better India together. We deserve it! :)

More details on ‘Develop Evolutionarily Successful India’ – coming soon!

PS: I am sorry Alive n confused to have deviated from the tag topic but hope I am forgiven! :)

27 Comments:

Blogger Obi Wan said...

I'm a part of a perennial race for the 1st comment on thecomicproject. Have not won that since a couple of posts, but at least am the 1st one on this! Me very happy!
So, RDB has left it's rang on you too? Why am I not surprised? There is something about the movie which touches our core, at the most basic level, and inspires us to go out and do something about our country! So, all the best for DESI, you have my complete and unstinted support (for whatever its worth)!
May the Force be with you!

Mon Feb 06, 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger death said...

makes a lot of sense. but i don't trust my generation to do anything in this regard. this might be a smart race, but it lacks morals. and for that, we'll only ruin.

trust me.

when these fellaws grow up to be in their 30's, they'd face the music of life cutting thru ;)

Tue Feb 07, 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

You seem determined. I have seen RDB too and I think it's a great movie. But I have always tried to make that difference (maybe not that rasically ) in my own way a not just and Indian but a global citizen with responsiblities.

I am so glad more and more will be roped into the bandwagon thanks to a movie called RDB.

Tue Feb 07, 01:22:00 AM  
Blogger Ajit Chouhan said...

It's amazing what a movie can do to the nations perception about nationality.It just makes you wonder the important role movies have got to play in Indian Society.

Although we have had Swadesh(I like the movie not Shahrukh)but somehow it failed to click with the Junta.

Let's just hope this passion stays forever and does goes into vain after few weeks once the movie is out of theatre.

Tue Feb 07, 02:46:00 AM  
Blogger Shikha said...

I have always beleived that everything is possible if we are determined to do something..i help in my own way..and i would take it to a larger scale for sure..but before that i have to do a few things..

Tue Feb 07, 03:39:00 AM  
Blogger Mellowdrama said...

and you are in california :) hmm I take it you were born there 'cause if you shifted there by choice that posting would be a tad bit pointless. Anyhow, yeah RDB is great but did you notice the irony of it, Bhagat Singh got his trail, Sukhi and the rest didn't.....

Tue Feb 07, 04:07:00 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

turn me on
Hmmmmm....
I like this that turns people on ;)

“Khoon jo ab na khuala…woh khoon nahee pani hai
Jo desh ke kaam na aaye…bekaar who jawani hai”

Clap...clap...

‘Develop Evolutionarily Successful India’ – coming soon!
That kewl!!

Nice "evil" review on RDB...When I saw this movie..I planned to come out with something like this...but neva put full efforts..Damn!!

This is awesome!!!

Thanks for visiting ma blog....would luv to read the post on DESI :D

Greetz!!

Tue Feb 07, 04:52:00 AM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Wow,that made some awesome reading.Totally looking forward to update on DESI.I want to rope in too.
Thanks for visiting my blog.See you around.

Tue Feb 07, 09:05:00 AM  
Blogger Vamsee said...

Obi Wan – 1sttt,me happy too! Thanks for your support and let’s just say I used RDB as a ladle to stir a boiling pot of stew :)

Death – interesting point but I am concerned to see you stand on the coast and comment on the depth of the river.

AFM –shouldn’t we all be determined and I am glad you have already taken a step further. Thanks for supporting DESI:)

Ajit – We need energy from all corners to keep it alive! :)

Shikha – perfect! Surely, every small step matters/counts…At the same time, we owe to many of our responsibilities. So, every step towards the big picture while we carry our chores, I would say is a perfect step.

MellowDrama – I beg to differ that my geographical presence can make me any less DESI and millions of such away from home can vouch how much they are willing to strive and make a difference for our India. We are just away from India for several individual reasons but trust me many left their hearts back at home! :) Good observation on the Irony of RDB…

Arz00n & EducatedandUnemployed – Thanks for supporting DESI and stay glued for more details:)

Tue Feb 07, 05:17:00 PM  
Blogger Dalicia said...

what is RDB? since i'm not desi...i don't know much about the desis.

well, i do whatever i can to make the world a better place. it's because i want to do it..people should be compassionate with other people. my, do i sound like a dalai lama? :)

in my books, no such thing as a perfect lover...:P

Tue Feb 07, 11:33:00 PM  
Blogger Anil.kumar03@gmail.com said...

vamsee :

that was a nice way of notification, so personal :))

so DESI is out to the public. Lets talk about the intricacies and other details,when u got time.

All the best in your endeavour and I hope to do my best for the same.

-ATG

Wed Feb 08, 01:05:00 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

RDB to Desi!
Neat! We all try in our own way to make a difference. It's when we stop trying that we make a mistake.

Wed Feb 08, 03:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thnks for the wishes.

Wed Feb 08, 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger coolvir said...

I had been following a tag on similar kinda topic and found onething common in all female blog.They want some one with a good Sence of Humour.

I think jonney lever would be on 7th sky after reading all these ;)

And RDB Rocks!!!

Wed Feb 08, 10:06:00 PM  
Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

all that is very fine ....

but u know , we are degraded by foreigners in our own country ....

and the tav we pay just goes into making more potholes and digging roads ...

i have lost all respect for the country ... of course , it makes me miserable too ....
but , i can no longer take this bowing down to foreigners , and ill-treating natives and all ....

we may not have respect in other countries , but thatz better than having no respect in our OWN country ....

Check :
Posts 1 and 2 of
http://jagxkool.blogspot.com/
Itz my colleague's blog .... his experiences speak for himself ..

Wed Feb 08, 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

u too have a sense of humor girl ... a serious topic well handled ... good thought provoking post .... yes, we can all make a change ... individually ... one at a time ... 'boond boond se saagar' concept ...

Wed Feb 08, 11:09:00 PM  
Blogger Vishnu said...

arya wa... wat a patriotic post!...

*applause*

count me in... btw thanks for reminding the pledge :)

Salute to your initiative!

Cheers!
:)

Thu Feb 09, 12:06:00 AM  
Blogger Visithra said...

another rdb post? bah its all over the blogs n i havent watched - let me watch and come back ;)

Thu Feb 09, 02:45:00 AM  
Blogger Neha said...

It's good to see a movie having so much impact on us.. When I got out of the hall i felt the same way.. that we have to do something, n not just sit back and wait fr things to happen.
And we need to start at home, start with ourselves. I had this conversation with a friend once, about not throwing garbage on the roads. He was like, how does it matter whether i do it or not, others are still going to.
But that's where we are wrong. We need to take care of our own bit first.. before we comment on others..

Thu Feb 09, 04:48:00 AM  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

fantastic post dear...
very well said

I liked ur version of the pledge :-)

Only youngsters can change but they wil have to join hands togethr n come as a force...

even if all educated people start voting it will make a difference...

Nice post
Cheers

Thu Feb 09, 05:30:00 AM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Blockbuster post..that's one of the best post's i've ever come across..great work!! I particularly loved the way you've modified the pledge we blurt out during our schooldays..people like you are needed..millions of them, in fact to bring about a real change!! I appreciate your noble idea, and wish you all the best in achieving it..once again, outstanding post!!
PS: I've watched RDB, and I think it sucks..pathetic film lol just thought of telling you my opinion

Thu Feb 09, 06:00:00 AM  
Blogger Vamsee said...

Elaine - I am sorry, it is Rang De Basanti a new Hindi movie released...every small effort counts!:)

Anil - Sure. let's catch up soon.Thanks:)

My Ramblings - So true, well said :)

a - Sure. Btw, for those of you who didnt know today is Anthony's bday:)

Coolvir - we would like Johny's humor on only screen but would like some witty humor in our men..such hypocrites..ye;)

Deepa - totally agreed and a VERY GOOD POINT! I have thought of this many times and again isnt this embedded in our blood to slave up to the fairer skins? It needs some slow but steady movement to remove such judgemental behavior from our herd like mentalities...and again every step matters and so losing heart might not solve this, not even for you, as one may not leave such things behind that easily...

Anup - Thanks and I count you IN :)

Laks - Thanks and I agree about the HOPE...
yupp, well put by Aamir in RDB: "Humari ek taang past mein hai aur ek taang future mein...aur hum present mein mut rahey hai"
(We set one foot in our past and one in our future, and we are spoiling our present)

Vishnu - Thanks:)

Visithra - it definetely touched many hearts,and as i said earlier that for this post I used RDB just as a ladle to stir the stew ;)

Neha - absolutely each and every such step matters, if you dont throw garbage and even if 5 people learn it from you then the 7th person who throws it on the road will be looked down upon and it may slowly change the trend...

Puneet - Thanks and I count you IN:)

Sudarshan - your comment is quite touching though you didnt like RDB. Thanks for such strong enthusiasm and encouragement :)

Thu Feb 09, 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger Sarit said...

a great post...

In fact, I believe that it's not just RDB that has inspired people...This feeling of wanting to contribute to the nation has been long dormant. And RDB came at the right time. Btw it's a great movie.

Most NRIs have had this urge - I know, since I was one for some time, and being an NRI you actually know what India is all about, and how resident Indians take it for granted. The major problem that NRIs face is that they don't have the means, the right channels to do something about this nation-building urge.

The residents till the last generation, have been taking a lot for granted - a typical 'chalta-hai' attitude. I guess that's natural, since they had seen the generation before them fighting for Independence, and so they were content with enjoying what their parents won for them.

I have noticed that in our generation, people actually want change.. and they are doing something about it. (long before RDB happened). Many are involved in working with NGOs to educate poor children, provide rehabilitation to slum dwellers, and whatever little bit they can do. T

Come to think of it, why do they do it?...Why do they spend their weekend afternoons in the heat, in a slum? And especially when they earn so much that they can have that evening party in the pub, thorughout the day.

Just as RDB said, A generation Awakens...We already were, just that RDB shook us all a bit.

Lastly, not everyone is as interested as I would like to believe, but hopefully they remain a minority.

I'd love to be involved in DESI.
You can get back to me at
sarit.mishra@gmail.com

Thu Feb 09, 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger Jackal said...

can i hug u vamsee......nice to find some one who thinks the way i do.....nice to find some one who has tht fire.......
...'akele se kya hota hai' most ppl give up.....but it does matter every voice counts...tht's y i raise my voice not only thru my blog but else where too......
i dream of a country where ppl dont kill each other in the name of religion.......a country where women are safe n respected.....where every one has food n means to lead a dignified life.....every one shud strive in his own lil way to change the system........tcc byee

Fri Feb 10, 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Vamsee said...

Sarit - so true! This generation is definetely thinking more in terms of the big picture than the previous ones...and I agree about RDB, as i said earlier, even I used it for this post as a catalyst to stir it up more for DESI.. Thanks for your support and you will be looped in :)

Jackal - aww sure, Hugs Hugs Hugs!:) I am glad we share the same thought and am learning to know that we are not actually alone :)

Sat Feb 11, 11:45:00 PM  
Blogger Nishu said...

haha!! lovely post thou' (^_*).. DJ di galliyan ni suni ...

keep smiling (^_^)

Tue Feb 21, 01:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

make DESI "dreary eyed sulky indian" .. reality is hard and we all wish for wings .. try change locally and global just follows ...

Sun Oct 15, 11:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home