Monday, July 10, 2006

What do I want...

Any guess?? well, I got none... surely, this has been one thought on my head for few days now, I scratch my head again but as usual i got no where with the chain of thoughts...

  • When I was a teen, I wanted Richard Gere
  • I wanted to become sooper famous by 22
  • I want to become a global manager and roam around the world discussing high profile strategies (like when Phoebe from Friends becomes a Merill Lynch consultant)
  • I want to own a 'small car' (SLK 55 is small - no?)
  • I want to be the coolest mom ever (dont get any clues here)
  • Before that I want to jump off a plane (No silly, Sky diving i meant)
  • I want to form/work fulltime for a NGO group
  • I want to own a farm house when I retire, farms till my eyes can reach (at that age, it wont be too far)

yadi yadi yada....you know how mind works!

Now, the other side of the head dictates just hard core reality and practical possibilities, the one that says, "Honey, lets get real here...Richard Gere??" Some of these things i realized are still possible, yet there is a silver fine line between what I want and what I can get...Anyways, who really knows what one wants, ye?

While you ponder on your wishes, I'd say for now i want a piece of that yummmmy rum soaked tiramasu from Buca Di Beppo! :)

...and hey, thanks for hanging around sooo long! :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

richard gere!!! sigh...

Sat Jul 15, 08:57:00 PM  
Blogger PNA said...

my mind , your mind and our minds ....well ...in meaders...

Ash

Mon Jul 17, 11:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one vamsee. I always thought about this. The minute I heard this, I remembered the movie what women want. It also reminds me of a caption from "sex and city" where Sarah Jessica Parker ponders over what women really want. What is it about "want" that makes us craving for something or other all times during life? I think it is the "want" to do something, to be something or to have something that drives people in life. It could be from simple things in life like "I want an ice-cream" or it could be a more specific want like -I want a cold stone strawberry ice-cream with graham cracker pie crust and cherry filling in it. It could be a dream like "I want to invent something" or more specific as "I want to invent a machine that can read minds". Basically "wants" are endless. How do I choose what I want? This is where the "What" comes in place. The most difficult things in life are to make choices or decisions, especially when both/all of the options look good. How do we prioritize stuff? What is more important to me? Is there a proper answer to that?? Could we derive a mathematical solution to decide what a person wants?? I mean consider if we have a collection of wants, can I determine
What I want = {wants} intersect {my priorities} intersect {my decision criteria in case of conflicts}??
Assuming I could determine what I want, could I determine what I get??
What I get = {what I want} intersect {financial, social, political, relationship factors...} or {surprise from the lady luck spinning the wheel of fortune :) }
There were many things I wanted to do, become a doctor for the one reason that I was fascinated by the look of the coat and the steth on me, become a pilot,.. well that’s just the beginning. But if I take a look at what I got or what I am right now, I am a s/w developer. Never thought I would be one especially with a biology background. I am happy for the choices I made. Everyone might not relate to the same thing, some might have things planned out even before they were in high school and things might have gone the way they planned out, but I bet there must have been many other things in their lives that changed over time. I once read this in a readers digest -"The only thing that is not constant is Change". Basically, what I am telling is that life's full of surprises, may be not always the best though, so just be cool and accept it as it comes to you. I am not telling people to stop wanting things. You should want things, so that you are surprised when you get something that you don't want :) If you are not happy with what you get, try to channel those that you get to those that you want. It might be difficult but definitely not impossible. At the end of the day, I am a dreamer. A friend of mine once said that if we could dream, we could achieve it.

PS: I am a person who likes to live in the present and take things as they come.

Wed Jul 19, 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Ajit Chouhan said...

Well looks like you are growing up to the reality around..:-)

Thu Jul 20, 12:16:00 AM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Lol...demands keep changing with time and experience:-)

Nice to see ya come up with a post after ages..hope you'll be a regular blogger now onwards!!

Thu Jul 20, 02:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vamsee,

I always know exactly what I want and I always get whatever it is I want. I guess I'm just lucky that way, but everything I want seems to just gravitate to me without much of an effort on my part.

BTW...Peter and I got married...twice!!!

Nicole

Sat Jul 29, 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger Sharad said...

There is also a difference between what you want and what you think you want. And, more often than not, it is not a fine line.

Fri Aug 04, 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger చైతన్య said...

um... what do i want... let me think.... :-?

Wed Aug 23, 02:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home